Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a 400mhz G3 upgrade card from Sonnet into my PM 6500 and the results are nothing short of amazing. Boot time is shorter, programs start faster, and everything is noticeably "zippier" than before. Webpages show up almost immediately. It's a totally new machine.

Of course, maxing out the RAM to 128mb at the same time helped as well. ;)

Obviously, I'm quite happy with this 6-year old mac. I guess the next step for me would be OS X (on a "newworld" mac of course :cool: )

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
welcome to 1999! :D

Like to see things come together. I recall years ago when I doubled my ram from 4 to 8 Megs. I actually saw a speed bump! I was so stoked! ;)

H!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
I remember upgrading the RAM in my Plus to 2.5 Meg. I think it cost me almost $300, and that was with a student discount.

Congratulations on the G3 upgrade. Now, you will have to save your pennies and buy a G5 sometime.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Lars, which one was intro'd in '97?? I was thinking of the B/W PowerMac basically.

H!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Lars, which one was intro'd in '97?? I was thinking of the B/W PowerMac basically.
You're right about the Blue and White G3's and 1999 - the Beige G3's were first introduced in 1997, however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts