Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day at work, a friend came up to me and started to tell me of his woes with his new CD burner and his PC. he looked at me with a glimmer of hope, thinking i'd be able to tell him what to do (when it comes to macs, i'm pretty good at knowing what to do, but with PC's i've deleted any sort of thought from my head involving working with those machines). I just looked at him and said, "sorry. with my computer i just plug whatever peripheral in and it just works. have you DL'd all the drivers?", "yes.", he said. "hmmm" i said, "time to punch in!" and i got outta there. Same with my boyfriends computer. He constanly getting grief from his PC. he's using windows 98, which isn't bad in the OS scheme of things, but try and running winamp and explorer at the same time? freeze. the occasional crash. right now i've got Safari, iTunes, iCal, Acquisition, and iChat open, and everything is sailing smoothly.

those poor windows users. there should be some branch of Amnesty International for them.

light a candle for them tonight.

Phil

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Amen

From sherlock dictionary;
SYLLABICATION:
a·men
PRONUNCIATION:
?-m?n?, ä-m?n?
INTERJECTION:
Used at the end of a prayer or a statement to express assent or approval.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Don't feel too bad for us. At least we have the product in our hands and are able to use it...My excitement of switching has almost faded to a complete zero in waiting for my order. I'm starting to think all this "apple stuff" is a figment of everyone's imagination...

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Pamela, next time you'll know to wait.. Apple seems to take forever with the 1st generation of a product. Had you ordered an older 15.2 inch Ti, you would have had it almost right away. Give it time, it will be there, and you will not regret it I promise.. if you do, you could just give it to me...
:D

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
The Chemist is right, It will come. You would have been with us already with a hot 15 - and jubilant to say the least! But take time... the day will arrive - and I know that we'll all be with you - like with a new born ;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by emceepj:
those poor windows users. there should be some branch of Amnesty International for them.

light a candle for them tonight.

Phil
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so. I have little pity or remorse about Windows users. They chose their platform, I chose mine. I get picked on alot at work because of my platform of choice, so when things go wrong for them, I just keep quiet and chuckle internally.

:cool:

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Strange, I didn't have any trouble at work adding in a CD-burner to a PC. Popped the CD-burner in, set it to slave, hooked up the power and IDE cable and the computer recognized it right off. I was impressed, I thought I'd have to do more. I even found some free burning software on HP's site to go with the drive I found. It was a little hard to get to the drive in the case - PowerMac's definitely have an advatage here.

I still get a kick out of how I'm the PC guru at work... the lone Mac user. Of course there are quite a few PC iliterate users at work. And then those PC users who you don't want touching your machine... ohh, let me add this to your machine... don't worry, it won't break anything... next your calling the desktop support people to reinstall your machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts