Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it...Damned Windows virus's...
My email is down in Ontario, Bell says that it's because
of the virus's. This information wasn't on their web site...
I called in and heard it from the horses mouth saying
that email won't be delivered to some subscribers and
the smtp servers aren't sending any email.

Here I've been going over and over my email programs
trying to find out what is wrong with my setup...When all
along it was Bell's fault.

Buggers!!!

Thank the God's I've got a Yahoo email account just in case.

Dave :mad:

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
[pffff] how about this... I was @ work and none of it was working yesterday. So much for sending out my projections... :mad: I too went over my settings wondering what the hell was happening... I had a feeling they messed up. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Bell hires morons :mad:

I've had problems with my connection cutting out for over a week. I finally called and the bozo I got was a laugh. After making me go through all the usual stuff it turns out the problem WAS at their end. They had been having server problems. The tech guy didn't know this? arrghh.....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have yet to have a bad Tech help call to Sympatico, but I have had to call them a couple of times this week...

Sympatico's email server has been stricken with viruses this week resulting in 10-20 emails a day claiming to be from Microsoft sending me an upgrade patch for Windows 200, ME or XP... Sympatico advised me to sign up for their online Virus protection... When I mentioned I was using a Mac... Tech guy said, "Oh, just delete the Emails and .exe attachements"...

Problem is on the email server and they haven't stopped it from letting these patch virus' through, or stop the other virus that is sending it everywhere else...

Sucks, but not enough to make me go to Rogers...
Dial up is not an option...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts