Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am no more a lurker,
I am now a switcher! I just got my 12'' PB, iPod and printer today and it rocks! my only complain is about the quality of the LCD screen. From what I saw, it is a bit better than the iBook but still, its not bright enough.
I am now calibrating the battery so I cant say anything about it, I will tell more tomorrow.
Right now, I am trying to install everything and transfert files from the PC which is much longer / harder than what I expected.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Hey welcome to the Mac community. You mentioned about screen brightness, try hitting the F2 key a couple of times. That will adjust the brightness (at least that's how it works on the iBook...asuuming it's the same for the PB).

By the way, there's no need to calibrate the battery: it's a lithium-ion battery and doesn't have the memory issue that plagues so many ni-cad batteries.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome. Take your shoes off and stay a while.

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
The battery calibration IS important. My first PB's problem's were traced to not doing it properly as per the instructions (although it was also a dud, so I may have experienced the problem anyway).

I find the screen dim too, especially when switching between this and the iMac all the time. However, on the road and by itself it iis pretty good...

I would recommend LaCie D2 HDs: compact, fast, sturdy and good value.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Welcome! I am a relatively new switcher of about 3 months. You will find the mac experience a very satisfying one.

Btw, transferring files from PC to mac was simple for me. I just plugged into my router, click on Go -> Connect and OSX finds any shared folders on your PC. Drag and drop...done!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pgant: well, in the manual, they say to do it, so why not.... I will see if it change anything tomorow morning.

For the screen, its currently max brightness and still not enough for me but I can live with it since it will be plugged in my 19'' most of the time.

My problem right now is that now that I tested iChat AV, I want to buy an iSight, a BT keyboard and I need an usb mouse... oh, and also a external HD since my 80gig are already half full and I havent uploaded any DV... Urg.. this new toy is going to be a real money hole...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts