Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,484 Posts
Yeah, but it's the last seat for the U2 concert in the Rogers Centre below.

·
Registered
918 Posts
My stomach, ouch I think I am going to be sick. I can hardly ride up in the elevator and don't even get me near the glass floor.

John

·
Registered
960 Posts
not sure I would want to try this myself but it does look like fun

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Looks like a good walk to me. I much prefer the natural version though...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

We ran out of time to get to this hike on our last visit but it's first on our list for a visit this fall.

·
Premium Member
6,590 Posts
Couldn't do it. Went up in the tower for the first time in a decade about a year back, just to shoot the city. I'd been up four or five times over the years, but this time the vertigo sensation in the elevator going up was much more noticeable. Perhaps it's my sense of mortality creeping up on me. Great views though, and I did indeed check out the glass floor again. My wife and I went up one evening three months ago for a dinner we won... same vertigo happened to me. I think it would be enough for me to go to the external observation deck. But this business of walking around the outside of the tower, leaning back over the drop? Fuhgeddabbbatit.

·
Premium Member
42,484 Posts
Looks like the hikers are wearing a safe path into Angels Landing.

·
Premium Member
42,484 Posts
It's a whole new kind of Stupid Tax!
You could make every citizen of Toronto pay $1,000 so they wouldn't have to enjoy this attraction. Revenue problem solved.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,357 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iikXiH9QszU

:eek: :eek: :eek: :yikes: :-( :eek: XX)

That would be my worst nightmare. Seriously, watching it I started seeing black for a second and my knees were buckling.

You could literally offer me a billion dollars to do this and I would refuse.
I would be right behind you, ehMax ............. I am truly afraid of heights. Still, if I did this, I would get over my fear of heights .............. since I would be dead of a heart attack. :eek:XX)

·
Premium Member
42,484 Posts
When my kid started stomping on the plexiglass floor I had to walk away. I told him there was nothing wrong with what he was doing, but I couldn't watch even that.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,357 Posts
I recall way back in grade four going to The Statue of Liberty on a field trip and walking up to the crown ........... and then on up to the torch. A great view ........ but not for someone afraid of heights. Strangely enough, I can go up to the 81st floor observatory on the Empire State Building, which is outside, and not get scared.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,357 Posts
Can't wait, sign me up! My wife just had to leave the room while the video was playing.
Alas, poor mguertin, I knew him Horatio. :D

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
LOL, that reminds me of a workmate. She and I went to a conference in Toronto. We both stayed at the InterContinental, me on the 15th and her on the 22rd floor. She couldn't get any close than 3 feet to her window. Me, I loved the view. Had a great view of the CN Tower and Rogers Center.

I'd try the walk, at least once.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts