Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question: Where the hell did DELL find $67-Billion dollars?

Dell's $67 Billion EMC Deal Dwarfs All Other Tech Tie-Ups

TODAY, DELL AND EMC made official what had been reported since last week: an acquisition for the ages. Now that we know the full details, we can take stock of just how big a transaction this is. The short version? Very, very big. In fact, it’s arguably the biggest in all of tech.
While you may not be familiar with EMC, it’s one of the largest cloud services and storage companies in the world. It also owns VMware, the popular virtualization software, along with a handful of other brands with which you might be more familiar. Dell, meanwhile, has been more than just computers for some time. To get out of the way of declining PC sales and the MacBook juggernaut, it’s made recent, successful pushes into IT services and security.​

(Wired)

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
I though you were reporting a sale.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
My question: Where the hell did DELL find $67-Billion dollars?

I was wondering the same thing myself and I thought they were getting close to heading for chapter 13 status the last time I sort of checked…

That's quit a BIG deal for an understatement!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Source: Dell to buy storage rival EMC in a deal worth $67 billion | Ars Technica

"Financing for the deal will be a mix of equity from Michael Dell, his investment vehicle MSD Partners, investment firm Silver Lake, and Singapore state-owned investment company Temasek Holdings, along with debt financing, cash on hand, and the VMware tracking stock. Silver Lake helped finance Michael Dell's takeover of his namesake company in 2013 which took it back into private ownership.

The transaction is expected to close between May and October 2016.
"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts