Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm throwing this out there in case someone has come across a similar situation.

I walked by our iMac G5 and saw a warning that start-up drive was almost full. This was odd because last time I checked there was a good 60+ gigs free. I opened up Macintosh HD and it said there was about 111 megs of space left. Close the window and open it again, now there's about 108 megs of free space. I close all open applications, and the free space ends up stopping at 95 megs when I turn off the airport.

I grab Disk Inventory X off my laptop to see what the big file(s) are. I find that console.log.0, console.log.3, and console.log.7 are taking up 18.9 gigs, 22.3 gigs, and 22.0 gigs, respectively. (There's the 60+ gigs!)

Has anyone heard of something like this happening? My family says they haven't done anything out of the ordinary and haven't downloaded anything and I believe them. They mostly do email, surfing and chatting. I want to open the logs to see what was filling them, but console.app locks up trying to open these huge files. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I managed to get the log open, and with it I have managed to find other people who have encountered the same thing.

For reference, I've got 60+ gigs of:
DNSServiceProcessResult() returned an error! -65537
etc.

As per http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4961687, I have deleted ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist . We'll see how it goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts