Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
45341 - 45360 of 45382 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,930 Posts
We topped 30 today for the first time in a while. Clear skies and the tropical sun was fierce. Very short winter. :rolleyes:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
19C with a nice sunrise this morning. Going to be another hot and humid day. :(

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
The Humidex Reading in Halifax just hit 40C an all-time record. It is not much cooler here in Lunenburg, NS since there is no ocean breeze in full sunshine. :(

·
Premium Member
30,930 Posts
Ugly temps for you

21 and clear out on the deck at 6 am. Kookaburras not awake yet. They are very loud when they going. Lots of birds most mornings

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
A hot and humid afternoon all over Atlantic Canada.

·
Premium Member
30,930 Posts
Those are seriously ugly temps given your humidity. :eek: My son in Toronto was complaining too, even in a basement apartment.

22 and cloudy at 2 am. Going to 29.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
21C with a nice sunset this evening

·
Premium Member
30,930 Posts
midday 30s looking to be be in order now going forward - fortunately thanks to the Pacific it rarely exceeds 33 but gets very humid. City wakes early when it gets warm. Only downside with our "flow through" house is traffic noise at 5 am. ☕

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
13C at just past 8AM with nice blue skies and a slight ocean breeze

·
Premium Member
30,930 Posts
Warm night ..calm - no wind

Better weather than Grand Isle tho

August 29th the weather channel reported storm surge/wave heights at 37 ft on Grand Isle. I'm predicting it will be nothing but a sandbar by morning. They had stilt houses there but it was all old construction with dock timber, wouldn't stand a chance for Ida's strength that was just 5mph shy of a Cat5. There was reports the police station collapsed, and some guy named Resweber said that a wind gauge at the police station measured 148 mph sustained wind speed, and then the gauge broke off.

• Wow

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
A humid 21C just after 8AM this morning. Some sun this afternoon should warm and dry things up a bit. We shall see

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
A humid 21C just after 8AM this morning. Some sun this afternoon should warm and dry things up a bit. We shall see

Do you have any signs of Hurricane Ida affecting your area which seems to be in the forecast for your area???

He has certainly caused enough devastation in the North-Eastern US States.

Here's hoping it peters out before it hits your area... But it seems it still has quite a wallop with a lot of rain...

- Patrick
=======

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
Do you have any signs of Hurricane Ida affecting your area which seems to be in the forecast for your area???

He has certainly caused enough devastation in the North-Eastern US States.

Here's hoping it peters out before it hits your area... But it seems it still has quite a wallop with a lot of rain...

- Patrick
=======
Heavy rain and strong winds knocked out the power for parts of Lunenburg, NS

·
Premium Member
30,930 Posts
Stunning dry day in Cairns after a few days of mist and light rain which were a bit cloying but pleasant. This is a nice change with lower humidity.
Hurricane Ida sure hit New York hard.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Heavy rain and strong winds knocked out the power for parts of Lunenburg, NS

I guess that is a pretty good indication that hurricane Ida is still delivering quite a punch to certain areas...

I hope you are all keeping safe and sound.

- Patrick
=======

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
I guess that is a pretty good indication that hurricane Ida is still delivering quite a punch to certain areas...

I hope you are all keeping safe and sound.

- Patrick
=======
True. Lunenburg, NS got hit with a 98km/h wind gust the other day.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
My neighbor took some nice pics of the rainbows that formed just outside of Lunenburg, NS the other day when the rain finally stopped.

Reactions: MacDoc

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
My neighbor took some nice pics of the rainbows that formed just outside of Lunenburg, NS the other day when the rain finally stopped.
WOW!!! Those are quite some spectacular photos...

I imagine a lot of the vegetation there was thankful to get some rain, but I gather some would have appreciated a little bit less than what actually fell, and some gentler winds would have helped as well...

- Patrick
=======

45341 - 45360 of 45382 Posts