Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

45141 - 45160 of 45165 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
13C and cloudy at 3PM. Our tulips are coming up nicely.

Reactions: pm-r

·
Premium Member
15,514 Posts
13C and cloudy at 3PM. Our tulips are coming up nicely.
You are lucky that the squirrels and deer did not dig them up and destroy them.

At least most of our daffodils survived as they are supposed to be deer and squirrel proof, and most were ignored as the book says and they actually bloomed.

- Patrick
=======

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
You are lucky that the squirrels and deer did not dig them up and destroy them.

At least most of our daffodils survived as they are supposed to be deer and squirrel proof, and most were ignored as the book says and they actually bloomed.

- Patrick
=======
Luckily, these tulips are in a raised bed that is in our back yard, which is totally enclosed by a fence. The dogs seem to keep these varmints away.

·
Premium Member
15,514 Posts
Luckily, these tulips are in a raised bed that is in our back yard, which is totally enclosed by a fence. The dogs seem to keep these varmints away.

That's good news, even if they don't look like badgers... 😉

- Patrick
=======

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
That's good news, even if they don't look like badgers... 😉

- Patrick
=======
Well, even Molly, our Glen of Imaal terrier works to keep badgers on the other side of the fence.

·
Premium Member
30,859 Posts
32 and maybe a T-storm later - lunch at the Falls Teahouse.
Looks like a disney set but have swum in this pictuesque pool at Mila Mila. Want to beat the T-storms home tho.

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Premium Member
15,514 Posts
Looks like a disney set but have swum in this pictuesque pool at Mila Mila. Want to beat the T-storms home tho.

That looks almost picture-perfect, and I trust the water is warm but just nicely refreshing. Unfortunately, that seems to be wishful thinking according to some comments about the place at Google Maps.

But that should help rinse out the dust from one's hair after a nice bike ride. 😉

- Patrick
=======

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Very sunny with 13C temps at 430PM. Grass is starting to grow once again. :)

·
Premium Member
30,859 Posts
If I recall it's chilly but only in light of ambient temps in the 30s ...rocks are slippery tho. There are several waterfalls on the circuit but afaik only this one has swimming.
Feels hot today it's 29 going to 31 - feels like 36. Yesterday was glorious on the Tablelands.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
A nice sunrise at 7AM this morning with a calm 7C temp.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
A grand day with temps as high as 18C in full sunshine. 14C now at 6PM.

Reactions: MacDoc

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Very sunny with 11C temps at just past 10AM.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Sunny with 16C temps at just past 2PM

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Snowed a bunch today, and this is after it had all melted. Might have to shovel tomorrow.
Yuk. Sorry to hear this , Frank. Stay well and stay safe, mon ami.

·
Premium Member
30,859 Posts
sticking to the low 30s but less rain. 28 at 7pm 22 later which is nice for sleeping. Out early tomorrow to cross the Daintree. Should be pretty much a full day.
Have a good audio book to start.

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Very sunny with 8C temps at 10AM. Might bring out the lawn mower for the first time this year. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
15,514 Posts
Very sunny with 8C temps at 10AM. Might bring out the lawn mower for the first time this year. We shall see.

Thank God we do not have any lawns to cut around our house, that was one of my stipulations when we built our home here 20+ years ago, otherwise, my wife would be cutting the lawn anyway due to my leg and feet problems.

The crushed gravel pathways make a nice contrast for the flowerbeds which are mainly shrubbery due to the surplus of shade, and that creates more than enough work all by itself.

- Patrick
=======

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Thank God we do not have any lawns to cut around our house, that was one of my stipulations when we built our home here 20+ years ago, otherwise, my wife would be cutting the lawn anyway due to my leg and feet problems.

The crushed gravel pathways make a nice contrast for the flowerbeds which are mainly shrubbery due to the surplus of shade, and that creates more than enough work all by itself.

- Patrick
=======
We cut back on the areas of just grass with areas of shrubs, a couple of veggie plots, a few big sections of just flowers, and even spots that we let stay wild for the bees and butterflies.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
A bit of sun with 11C temps at just past noon. A quiet day.

45141 - 45160 of 45165 Posts