Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

232 Posts
I have a feeling Microsoft is going to retaliate somehow. They'll probably make sure that iTunes will not work in the next version of Windows.

Although most people are still using Windows 98-2000 even though XP has been out for a while.

I smell more legal battles for MS in the future.

Left The Building
8,376 Posts
Check out the comments on this over at MacCentral. A salient (and fairly clever excerpt):

The Unabridged MS Dictionary
1. The act of choosing or selection as long as it is pre-approved by the Microsoft "standards" board.

2. The power, right, or liberty to choose or option with an agreement to pay Microsoft a license fee in an amount left to the sole discretion of Microsoft.

3. One that is chosen. See William Henry Gates III.

4. A number or variety from which to choose: a wide choice of styles and colors as long as it is bundled from Microsoft or retains a current and appropriate license for use.

5. The best or most preferable part from the Microsoft collection.

6. Care in choosing any Microsoft product.

7. An alternative as long as Microsoft retains the right to approve your choice.

Premium Member
5,246 Posts
According to IDC (as of 31/12/2002), Windows XP (all versions) reside on 26% of computers running some version of a Microsoft OS, while the remaining 74% run an unspecified OS which includes Windows95 or newer.


Scroll down to the sidebar "Long Road to Longhorn".
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.