Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought a Macbook and would like to video chat with someone with a windows machine. How would I go about doing this? I tried to run parallels and installing isight driver in it and for some reason msn won't even connect ??? so scratch that idea, unless someone knows how to make my msn work in parallels. I also tried aMSN for mac and it's kinda goofy and unstable. Let me know if there is any other options

Also PS

I have Parallels and VIrtueDesktop and I seeen video on youtube where people "cube" through Windows and OSX. I tried that but everytime I go to windows it shows the OSX menu bar and dock. is there a way to get rid of that?

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Skype for Mac and Skype for Windows play pretty nicely together.

I've done video/audio chats with lots of people from my MacBook/iMac via Skype (And skype is free if you use it like an Instant Messaging client).

·
Registered
188 Posts
I second a vote for Skype. I fooled around with trying to use iChat and AIM on the PC, but it was a pain. Not sure where Yahoo messenger is, last I tried you could do video but no audio.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Hello, I just bought a Macbook and would like to video chat with someone with a windows machine. How would I go about doing this? I tried to run parallels and installing isight driver in it and for some reason msn won't even connect ??? so scratch that idea, unless someone knows how to make my msn work in parallels. I also tried aMSN for mac and it's kinda goofy and unstable. Let me know if there is any other options
Actually aMSN is VERY stable for me, try uninstalling and re-installing. I've been running it for a year or two just fine. With video from many many people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts