Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have a MBA M1 and an iPhone XS Max.

Don't know how to get songs from my Mac to my iPhone.

Used to do it no problem with iTunes and my older iPhone 6s but everything's changed since I last tried that about 4 years ago !!

Was able to put an mp3 file from my Mac to my iPhone with 'Air drop' but instead of going into the Music app on my iPhone, it went to an obscure file folder on my iPhone ??

Any help or suggestions appreciated !

Marc

·
Registered
129 Posts
I ended up finding a solution. Apparently, my USB to Thunderbolt adapter was no good. Used another one and was able to sync my iPhone to my MBA without a hitch.

Problem solved !
I've stayed on Mojave because iTunes (as I know it) will go away if I upgrade to Catalina.

I have tons of music, movies, TV shows etc in my current iTunes. I also use iTunes to backup my iPhone and iPad.

If iTunes goes away, I'm wondering what will happen to my music/movies etc and my device backups.

Can you share the steps you need to keep your digital assets and backups in a post-iTunes world? Pretty please! ;)

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts
I've stayed on Mojave because iTunes (as I know it) will go away if I upgrade to Catalina.

I have tons of music, movies, TV shows etc in my current iTunes. I also use iTunes to backup my iPhone and iPad.

If iTunes goes away, I'm wondering what will happen to my music/movies etc and my device backups.

Can you share the steps you need to keep your digital assets and backups in a post-iTunes world? Pretty please! ;)

Thanks.
Why do you believe you’ll lose music?

·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts

Thanks.
For me, iTunes just changed to Apple Music but my library was fine.

Reactions: Reboot
1 - 7 of 7 Posts