Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that a lot of web sites display a little logo of the site to the left of the URL on the top of the Safari screen while most have a generic blue world icon. How to certain sites have their logo there? More to the point, how do I get a little ehMax dude up there? :D

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank motoyen, that worked.. Bjornbro, thanks for letting me know you saw it! I didn't think it was working but then I cleared my cache and it worked (Safari Menu-->Empty Cache)

Kinda hard to make him out but its only 16 x 16. Maybe I should try something else... Maybe one of the emoticons like this one:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How's that? I like that better... very clear... Kind of says what ehMac is about is a funny way.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Can you set the transparency.

In the tool bar when selecting the link I get a white box around the round happy face.

[/end nit picking]

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ehMax:
How's that? I like that better... very clear... Kind of says what ehMac is about is a funny way.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well what can we say, we're happy people? Is it because we are Canadian or Mac Users? Or just both? ;)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't figure out how to do a transparancy on a 4 bit ico file.. Its keeps saying the file format does not support transparency yet some site like version tracker don't have the box... Will keep playing.

Nit picking on perfection is a good trait Heart... ;) (Not that ehMac is even close to perfect.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
ehMax wrote:
"I can't figure out how to do a transparancy on a 4 bit ico file.. Its keeps saying the file format does not support transparency yet some site like version tracker don't have the box... Will keep playing."

If memory serves me correctly, one of the sixteen colours in a .ico file is the "transparent" colour. Any pixel set to that colour will be a transparent pixel.

How do you specify which colour is the transparent colour? I've no idea. Visual Studio.NET just does it automagically.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Figured out after all evening playing around. Found IconBuilder can do it. I've decided to go with the Canadian Flag as my icon. Proud to be Canadian!

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You have to clear your cache, clear you history and delete any ehMac fav's from your bookmarks bar or menu. Quit Safari then start it again then log into ehMac!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts