Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends
I have just put an ad up on eBay and it looks like absolute crap! :eek:
In my item description, there are no spaces, no lists, none of the formatting that I have tried, to make the ad more readable.
I have tried to go back in and edit the ad, but none of the spacing takes when I look at the ad after I've edited it.

I see no-one else's ad on eBay looks crappy like mine and I'm wondering how people format their ads and what I'm doing wrong. :yikes:

Any tips?

( I am too embarrassed by how bad my ad looks to even put the link up here. :(
If I can't make the ad look better, I will pull the ad because there's no way anyone would bid on something that was so poorly presented ) :mad:

Thanks for any help! :)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Hi Friends
I have just put an ad up on eBay and it looks like absolute crap! :eek:
In my item description, there are no spaces, no lists, none of the formatting that I have tried, to make the ad more readable.
I have tried to go back in and edit the ad, but none of the spacing takes when I look at the ad after I've edited it.

I see no-one else's ad on eBay looks crappy like mine and I'm wondering how people format their ads and what I'm doing wrong. :yikes:

Any tips?

( I am too embarrassed by how bad my ad looks to even put the link up here. :(
If I can't make the ad look better, I will pull the ad because there's no way anyone would bid on something that was so poorly presented ) :mad:

Thanks for any help! :)
Edit in FireFox instead of Safari. FireFox will bring up the html editor where you can edit like a basic word processor, change fonts, bold, colour etc...

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
iwascoding.com

I highly recommend GarageSale. You eBay ads will be beautiful, understated, over the top, whatever you like. There are hundreds of templates, new ones all the time, you can design your own and access them effortlessly, there is a scheduler, integration with all your Mac's features is built in, it comes with imageserving, and there is a yahoo user group that the authors participate in on a daily basis, in addition to answering privately when required. You can also convert to html and author in that mode.

iwascoding.com

Here is a page with links to actual auctions on eBay designed with GarageSale:

Auctions Created with GarageSale

You can download a demo and try it. Last I recall, the full application cost around $25 CAD so it's a bargain.

·
Premium Member
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, People! :)
I will try the Firefox solution first, since it's free and easy. But GarageSale looks very nice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.