Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about selling my iMac and am uncertain how much I should ask.

It's a:

Late 2012 27" iMac purchased in May 2013
3.4 GHz i7
32GB 1633 MHz DDR3
3TB Fusion Drive

It's in great shape both cosmetically and functionally. I have the magic keyboard, mouse and trackpad and the original box/packaging.

Any advice will be really helpful.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,776 Posts
You have cpu, memory and Drive upgrades as compared to the current $3000 model. Comparable would be around $4000 CDN

OTOH your RAM is a bit slower, and that 5K monitor on newer models certainly has a major drool factor going for it. Not sure how the GPUs compare. You are off warranty entirely as well.

Every buyer is different, but once it is out of warranty, I am reluctant to spend over half of new. That way even if there are major issues in the very near future, I do not end up spending more than new. I'd try pricing around $2500 and see if it flies. You can always drop a price. Raising it is a lot more difficult.

Did not try finding comparable iMacs pricing, as I am sure you can do that on your own.

Good that you retained the original shipping material, should you be unable to sell locally.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response; I like the point about starting with a higher price as, indeed, raising it would be pretty tough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts