Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a somewhat naive question about buying Apple computers. When you purchase an apple, the initial 12 month Apple care begins. How does Apple know when you actually purchased it to know when to start? Does the vendor contact Apple to let them know? I can't imagine it starts with the buyer registering it, otherwise, why would anyone until something went wrong. I am mucho confuso'd on this one. Please advise - I have never bought an Apple computer new, so I am not wise in these matters.

Thanks all,

Hambone

·
Registered
728 Posts
the serial number of the product tells 'them' somethiing about production date and which merchant has it, i think registering it confirms the item being delivered to the customer.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
You can register the product with Apple to start your warranty. If you choose not to register it, they go by manufacture date unless you have proof of purchase to state otherwise.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
When you first start up a Mac you are prompted to enter a bunch of registration info and then the computer connects to Apple and registers your purchase. When it is done registering you your warranty has started.

--PB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts