Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
That's funny. I actually think it totally sucks. Yeah you heard me. Sucks.

I think the elegance that apple usually has is gone in this new rendition. I also think it is too cluttered and that there is way too much info on the one page.

I give it a 0 out of 10. Bad move apple. Baaaaad.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
I sort of agree with Pam... however, there is a method to the madness. Although it does look cluttered, it is a deceptively simple organization of content that makes it easy to navigate.

The primary items are found centred at the near-top (hardware) section, followed by secondary items (software) and so-on. Also, the right and left sections are designated areas for the various categories and then promotional section respectively.

It follows to very simple, yet easily over look rule: the 3 click rule. I doubt anyone would have problems finding anything in the new store within 3 clicks.

Is it overwhelming, initially. But it works better IMHO than the old store.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
You have both all stated my initial thoughts.

Cluttered, overwelming but it is better thatn clicking and clicking and clicking to find stuff.

P.S.
IMHO - The Apple store is eliminating and competing with your local Apple Reseller. Support your local Apple Reseller and they will grow to meet your needs. Or just give all your money to Apple an forget your local infastructure... your choice.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I think I like it.

I think the reason for the new format is to put some emphasis on the software Apple sells... the old format didn't really show off the software, it showed off the hardware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts