Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Inside Apple, we want to display information taken from another site via an RSS Feed - but how in the world do you take a RSS Feel URL from another site and incoperate it into your site? I've found some "free" sites that you punch in the URL RSS Feed, and they generate some code you paste into your web site and wham, it all works - except they just always want to advertise themselves along with the code. :rolleyes:

Anyone?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Of course they want to advertise themselves in their feed. The whole purpose of having an RSS is to generate more unique users and pageviews.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Couple of suggestions:

If you're using iBlog and .Mac, you can create an RSS feed just by selecting "create an XML feed" in the publishing options of your blog (in iBlog). You'd probably have to edit the pre-loaded templates by hand if you wanted your site to maintain the look you want, but apart from that, this is (in my mind) the easiest solution.

Another option is to have a look at instructions, such as those posted here. My brain seizes up when I see things like PERL etc...so YMMV...

One more resource: Derek Miller's superb Penmachine, which he publishes via XML. He's an incredibly helpful and smart guy, so I would not hesitate to drop him a line to ask for advice.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I have a RSS Feed taking content from a different site and displaying it on mine - now how do I customize the look of the content on my page?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts