Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What it says, bad things never comes singly? Right, my computer crashed with all my iTunes music lost(add to 1000+). Now my iPod remains about 500 songs, and the only way i can figure out is to transfer the iPod content to a new computer and a new iTunes.

But the transferring process is really a pain for me since i'm not that kind computer savvy, so anybody has a similar experience please show me the way out?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
I've used a free app called Senuti with decent success.

·
Apple Certified
2,726 Posts
iPod transfer is supposed to be one way, unless otherwise specified (Transfer Purchases), and is in violation of the iTunes T&Cs... I believe discussion of this subject matter is against the T&Cs of this forum, although I feel for you and the above suggestions would work well for you!!

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
What happened to your computer?

I'm just curious since many have come to this site before, posted once to ask this question, after having "found" an iPod that they want the music from, knowing they'll lose it on first sync otherwise.

If it wasn't the hard drive that "crashed" on your computer, just pull the drive, put it in an external enclosure and there's all your music.

What it says, bad things never comes singly? Right, my computer crashed with all my iTunes music lost(add to 1000+). Now my iPod remains about 500 songs, and the only way i can figure out is to transfer the iPod content to a new computer and a new iTunes.

But the transferring process is really a pain for me since i'm not that kind computer savvy, so anybody has a similar experience please show me the way out?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
iPod transfer is supposed to be one way, unless otherwise specified (Transfer Purchases), and is in violation of the iTunes T&Cs... I believe discussion of this subject matter is against the T&Cs of this forum, although I feel for you and the above suggestions would work well for you!!
Uh, no, discussing ways to transfer YOUR OWN purchased music from your own iPod back to your computer is not against the T&C of this forum as far as I'm aware. There are numerous threads on the subject.

Apple has even featured such software (specifically Pod to Mac) on their website, so I don't get the impression that they think its a problem. Obviously people SHOULD back up their iTunes purchases and ripped music, but how is having your tunes "backed up" on an iPod different than having them backed up on a hard drive?

The one-way nature of iPod transfers of music is a holdover from the original agreement with the record companies, and rather obsolete with the removal of DRM from iTunes songs.

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
With external HDs and enclosures being very reasonably priced there really is nor reason not to back up either iTunes or Photos.

I can assure you that backing-up is far less painful than the alternatives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts