Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I'm a dim bulb when it comes to matters of html, I don't have a clue how to figure this out myself: how do you include a jpeg image in a post on ehMac?

I have no doubt that the answer to my question will be a simple thing...but if you feel the need to say "this guy is too dumb to live" just mutter it under your breath...and help me out first. :)

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
you need to be able to have the jpeg or gif hosted on a website and then create an URL to it.

in a post you can select the IMAGE button

i have my own site and therefore can host the pictures there and can then link to them

i don't know if ehMax allows uploading of pix to his site for such use.

i hope this helps

·
Canadian By Choice
117,524 Posts
I was going to post raw files of pics of the doxies from a 5Mp camera, and each pic was 123Mb. I have 3,763 of these to share, and that's just of the early years file. Guess you shall all have to wonder what the dynamic doxie duo looks like, since I don't want to bring ehMac's server down under the weight of "Doxie Power". :D
:(

·
Registered
762 Posts
DR.G. why not turn on the 'personal web sharing' on your Mac and post the web address on ehMac so we can see the Doxies :D

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
[shakes head]
"gimme a beat"......

you know Dr. G. has not a Mac,
he types upon his Dell.
let's never speak of this again,
it's his own personal hell.

[ April 27, 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: macspectrum ]

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes...lesser men would have to wear the stone of shame
. But Doc's one of us...in spirit at least. Now that Pamela has (finally) taken possession of her PowerBook, I guess DrG is next on the list of ehMac-ians using PCs. The question is when will he get his long wished-for Mac? Can another PGant poll (TM) be far off? Maybe....Maybe...

Anyhow, thanks for everyone's advice. I have noticed from time to time that people post images and I wondered how it was done.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
PGrant
Just turn on the web sharing and put the jpeg in your sites folder
then cut and paste the url into the ehmac message box surrounded by img src= tag .
thats one way

·
Canadian By Choice
117,524 Posts
Thank you, PG, for that vote of support.

Macspectrum is my friend,
Our kinship is without end.
Of my trauma I percervere but must confess
I shall truly be glad to be rid of the system MS.

Good morning, mon ami. Keep in mind that I would never call you MS.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Also note that if you want to use an image you find on the web (eg, a picture of an item you're selling in Trading Post, or whatever) then:
Control-click on the image in a webpage;
Select: Open image in new window;
Copy and paste that URL into your post (image button).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts