Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a music CD from an artist in Peru and have tried unsuccessfully to import the music into iTunes. The CD and the jacket are professionally produced so I suspect it's my lack of knowledge that is the problem.

The files are visible in iTunes but something must not be correct in the conversion process because the music will not play. iTunes will also not play the CD.

I've searched for information, read lots of posts on the Apple Support pages but found nothing useful. I've tried playing with the setting in the preferences in iTunes but nothing works.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your suggestion and help.

I tried XLD. I got through roughly half the CD before it stopped reading it. All attempts to exit the conversion failed leaving me with only "Force Quit" option. I lost all the converted songs.

I'll try it again later.

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
Thanks for your suggestion and help.

I tried XLD. I got through roughly half the CD before it stopped reading it. All attempts to exit the conversion failed leaving me with only "Force Quit" option. I lost all the converted songs.

I'll try it again later.
Does it play anywhere else? Possible the disc is corrupt. If xld made it part way through, how about trying to rip just those tracks, and see if they play.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have access to a Windows computer and it won't play on any of the Macintosh computers we have. I did locate the tracks that were converted and they do play.

Sure appreciate your help to solve my problem.

FWIW, I learned to ask Peruvian musicians to confirm if their CD is Macintosh compatible before shelling out money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts