Bell has struck again. I do not think there is a way around it. Bell simply does not think Mac Users count. So they will keep pulling this crap.
Thank you for writing to MSN Entertainment Technical Support. This is xxxxxx (I blocked out the name) and I understand that you are unable to play Sympatico MSN Video on your MAC computer. I know how important this service is to you and I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.
Please know that we recommend using Mozilla Firefox when viewing MSN Videos.
If you are now using Mozilla Firefox and continue to experience any issues, please try Safari browser.
You may also follow the steps below depending on your browser:
For Safari 1.0 on Macintosh OS X
1. Choose "Preferences" from "Safari" menu
2. Select "Security" icon
3. Press "Show Cookies" button
4. Select the "Cookies" to be deleted from the list
5. Press "Delete" button
6. Try to launch MSN Video again.
For Safari 2.0 on Macintosh OS X
1. Open "Safari"
2. Select "Empty Cache"
3. Click "Empty" on the "Are you sure" message box
4. Exit and relaunch the browser
5. Try to launch MSN Video again.
For Firefox Browser on Macintosh OS X
1. Choose "Cookie Manager" from the "Tools" menu
2. Choose "Manage Stored Cookies"
3. Remove any "Cookie" from the list, or remove all "Cookies"
4. Try to launch MSN Video again.
If you are still unable to play MSN Video, we will need to know the following information for us to better assist you:
- Are you receiving any error message? If yes, what is it?
- What is the name of the website you are trying to access Video?
- What is the exact name of the video you are accessing?
- How do you access MSN Video site? Is it from MSNBC page? or by accessing MSN video
- Are you able to successfully play and watch videos on other websites?
- Can you provide us with a screenshot of your issue?
We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using MSN Entertainment.
xxxxxxx (I blocked out the name)
MSN Entertainment Technical Support
In other words, it just plain doesn't work on OSX nor is there a likely workaround. Clearing cookies and cache makes no sense at all. I get the same response from that page in 3 different browsers, but it plays fine on a windows box using IE as it says it will.This product requires Microsoft© Internet Explorer 6, Microsoft© Media Player 10, and Macromedia Flash 6 or higher versions. To download these free software applications, click the links below and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do you figure out the name of the video from the link I posted?Alternatively, you can just google the name of the video, and you are more than likely to find lots of Mac compatible versions of it.
Thousand-Hand Bodhisattva - Viral Videos - IFILM
Thousand-Hand Bodhisattva Masterpiece Video
YouTube - Thousand-Hand Bodhisattva
Oh, oh............here is another example - Video Play website