Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm selling my Imac (mid 2007) where, once upon a time, foolish me, I partitioned the HD. Now, how do I go to have an unpartitioned HD?

I tried using disk utility, and still had no clue about this.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Unless you need to keep the data on the hard drive (hopefully you've followed Apple's guidelines to de-register your computer first), your best bet is simply to Erase the HD (during which you can reset it to a single partition) and reinstall the OS.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Hi
I'm selling my Imac (mid 2007) where, once upon a time, foolish me, I partitioned the HD. Now, how do I go to have an unpartitioned HD?

I tried using disk utility, and still had no clue about this.
if you have backed up your personal data.. reboot into recovery mode and reformat the drive - not the partition and it will unite the drive and then reinstall the os

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally, I brought the iMac to a repair shop. The HD was dying and had to be changed, which is why disk utility didn't work.

Thanks all

·
Premium Member
15,684 Posts
Finally, I brought the iMac to a repair shop. The HD was dying and had to be changed, which is why disk utility didn't work.

Thanks all

Good fix and I guess the iMac's new owner will be happy to have a brand new drive installed. A very good and beneficial selling point I'd say.

PS: They might want or need the warranty at some point. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts