Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I thought Photo Drop would do that since it has an "add icon" option.
But I have no clue how to use that and the manual doesn't help.

Then I thought raphic converter should be able to do it - but no luck there either

All I want is the copyright symbol, year and my name at the bottom of the picture relatively faint.
Is there not an easy and free way to accomplish this on a Mac?

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
In PhotoShop, Elements or LightRoom(?) there will be a menu item for Info. You can add copyright info to the exif file under the general tab. Not sure about a quick and dirty way to embed into the photo itself. I usually do a type layer as needed, select the type and use it to copy from the back ground layer paste that back in, delete the original type layer and bevel the newly pasted layer. Quick and easy for one or 2 photos but very time consuming if you are talking in the 100s or 1000s.

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you outline how you have tried and not succeeded with GraphicConvertor?
I was looking for something very simple since adding a copyright reference to a picture is very common.
I expected to find an option somewhere in GraphicConverter where I would just enter the copyright information in a text field, like "©2007 My Name", select the location in the picture where I want this to appear and be able to add it with a click of the mouse on individual pictures or a whole batch of pictures at once.
I looked through all the menu items on GraphicConverter and also through their complete on-line manual and found nothing.
I'm sure one can set it up using translucent layers etc., but I wanted something simple.

Sort of along the same lines where I stopped using GraphicConverter to reduce pictures to a pre-defined size. It's not that you can't do it. it's just too many stepd and too time consuming.
To reduce the size of a picture, I now use PhotoDrop where you don't do anything other than drag your picture or folder of pictures onto an icon that you have predefined with the size you want and everything happens automatically.

I'm going to check out the other applications you posted, trouble is they all want $20.00 or so just for this one simple function.
In the end I may just forget about the whole © issue if it gets too involved.
I'm not really hung up if someone wants to use my photo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The easy and cheap way is to use the keyboard and type this:

Hold the "option" key down and type the lower case "g' like this ©.
You can resize the symbol by making the point size larger or smaller.

There is also a lot more hidden symbols by using "shift + option" key
Activate your Keyboard Viewer application and hold the above "option" or "option + shift" key to see all the hidden symbols.

Gerry

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just went back to this topic again.

After some on-line support by Lemke for the GraphicConverter, I finally figured out how to embed copyright information into a picture.
Not really complicated, but a bit complex. I thought some thing this common would have been a one or two step process.

But in my search, I also came across a program called PicMark that does just that - add watermarks to a picture.
Works well and is easy to use, plus it's free.
DigitalCalamity

1 - 7 of 7 Posts