Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

How are people finding the DP867?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  iGeeK 
#1 ·
May be picking one up. How are these working out for people? I hear they a particularily noisy.

Any thoughts or advice?

#2 ·
I own a DP867 and am quite pleased with it. This is my first Apple computer and I have no big complaints. There does seem to be a noise issue with the first generation of the MDD Powermac's. Apple currently has a power supply replacement offer going where they will send you a new power supply and system fan if your current system is too loud. You do need to pay the $20 for shipping though. I already ordered my replacement kit.

Other than the noise this is great machine. You can't go wrong with dual processors. I would rather have my dual 867MHz than one of the new 1GHz single processor machines.

Regards,
-Ian

#3 ·
Noisy, fast, excellent value for money - there is a fan kit coming from Apple to fix the former - it's been the best selling entry tower we've ever provided - superb value for money :D
I guess Apple figured that out since they now only offer a single at the entry point :rolleyes:

#5 ·
I love my DP867! I have BTOed it to a ATi Radeon 9000 and a SuperDrive. I don't know whyu everyone complains so much about the noise.... it's not that bad.

#6 ·
I love mine, even with the noise.

I worked with all kinds of computers, always had a preference for the Mac at home, and while the previous Macs made me happy back then, this one makes me ECSTATIC.

PLUG bought it from macdoc ENDPLUG

Cheers,

G/<

#9 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macspectrum:

great to see you back
how have you been?
where did you go?
whom did you see?

now tell me just how fast that 2 x G4/867 really is.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) Gee, and I thought no one cared!
:D

2) Had my ups and downs. As usual.

3) A place where I mostly had to deal with
Cat3 and Cat5. Both were responsible for
me being off the net for a while, until I had
Cat5 all over the place, while Cat3 (sort of)
assisted.

CAT3

4) Mostly cat2of3

5) Damn tootin' fast but not as fast as 2 x 2 G4/867

Choovay,

G/<

#11 ·
"Alezh ti majesh harni kotiki !!" better watch it buddy the Rumsfield SS are watching your email, all that anti war talk, now communicating in a
foreign language dontcha know :rolleyes:

Hey you might even be a submersive, errr whatever the correct Bushism is. :D

#12 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macdoc:
[...]
foreign language dontcha know :rolleyes:

Hey you might even be a submersive, errr whatever the correct Bushism is. :D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ukrainian is NOT a foreign language !
In some provinces it IS the official language. ;_)

Of course, Michael is a submersive. It's all these perogies and borsch weighing him down. :D

Did I say borsch? It's RED, too!

Submersives of the world, unite!

G/<

P.S.> Yup, the 2 x 867 is still fast today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.