Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have not been here for that long, I don't know how to go about doing this, but in the main section, I think you should differentiate some of the sections.

I for one have noticed a lot of new questions about Mac OS X and I think it in itself could use it's own seperate section.

Some of the things that come to mind might be setting the sections up for

Mac OS 9 Section
Mac OS X Section
Darwin and Unix Section
Applications Development
Apple hardware Section
Operating Systems Integration

Anybody else think this is a good idea? I think this way it would be easier for people to select where to post their topics and for other people surfing the forums to answer their questions. It might get some of the problems resolved quicker.

Just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
The problem with bulletin boards is they can get very fragmented, very fast... so simplicity is the key... so if we added maybe 1 new section it might work but adding 5 could kill the board as it will get too fragmented... I remember back when it started up in its latest phase, there were 8 or so "halls" and well it got cut down to 4 within 2 months or so as it lost its closeness and some other reasons that ehMax gave (can't remember them
)
I like a possible UNIXy section, but as is I think it works perfectly.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Umm jfpoole, BOW TO THE POWER OF HEXLEY!!!!

(This is worse then Strongblade's Fish)

@ the moment there isn't much about UNIX but a section for all the geeky UNIXy stuff will come out, and we can learn that Darwin is a kick ass OS, with a Kick Ass GUI to make OS X

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Chealion wrote:
"I like a possible UNIXy section, but as is I think it works perfectly."

I haven't seen a lot of UNIX questions or postings on here; would there be much of a point to a UNIX section?

Just being an advocate of SATAN. Or is that devil's advocate?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts