Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,

For anyone interested in time tracking or invoicing software, feel free to check out the Hourly 1.0 beta at www.hourlyapp.com. This is a beta release, so please contact us using the support form if you have any suggestions.

I understand there are quite a few Mac developers in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. The formation of some sort of knowledge pool / user group may be in order.

Best wishes,

Luke Gladding
http://www.hourlyapp.com/

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
Here are a few observations

- Why did the application try to "phone home" upon fist launch?
- I'm not sure I like the integration with Apple contact for the Contact information.
- Would like separate the GST/PST. Out of province clients to not get charged, neither to American
- Would like to be able to drag timelines.
- Wonder if we could have those colour coded?

Overall, I like the concept but it does show some rough edges.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are a few observations

- Why did the application try to "phone home" upon fist launch?
- I'm not sure I like the integration with Apple contact for the Contact information.
- Would like separate the GST/PST. Out of province clients to not get charged, neither to American
- Would like to be able to drag timelines.
- Wonder if we could have those colour coded?

Overall, I like the concept but it does show some rough edges.
- Hourly uses the Sparkle framework to handle automatic updates. If you tell it not to check for updates on launch, it shouldn't send any requests. The preference to check at startup has not yet been added to the General Preferences, but should be added in the second beta. For now the option presented at first launch is preserved.

- Many users have requested the ability to maintain a different address list in Hourly than in Address Book. Currently addresses can be imported individually, as a batch, or added new in Hourly. Please let me know if you have any alternative methods you would like to see. Syncronization of the entire address book is certainly an option.

- GST and PST can be assigned on a project by project basis. In the final release, the user will be notified if there is a discrepancy between project settings and contact settings when generating invoices. For now, only the project settings are used.

- I would like that as well ;) . Currently the start and stop times can be dragged, but you can't drag in the middle. This ability will be added in the next beta or two.

- Colour coding of time is another area that will be implemented shortly. I need to finish the code for this, but you will be able to choose any colour for a project. I would also like to add the ability to show colours based on categories. There are quite a few plans in the works for the UI.

I agree about the rough edges. This is still a beta and will definitely see some new features before the final release.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Luke Gladding
Programmer and User Interface Designer

Applecations Software
www.hourlyapp.com

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes Some places like Agriculture are either GST or PST exempt

Downloading it now
Cheers
Canada News - Topix

Why Does Apple Need Your Credit Card Info for Free Songs ?

Apple criticized over iTunes user data this week
" Apple Inc.'s recent rollout of songs without copy protection software at its iTunes Store has given consumers new flexibility, but questions have emerged over the company's inclusion of personal data in ... via The Toronto Star

From the Internet to the iPod, technologies are transforming our society and empowering us as speakers, citizens, creators, and consumers. via about EFF Electronic Frontier Foundation

Why Does Apple Need Your Credit Card Info for Free Songs ? Apple criticized over iTunes user data - Topix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.