Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went to my Hotmail account to retrieve an email with an attachment inside it, whenever I tried to download the attachment via Safari, it always said "You must log-in." However, no matter how many times I logged in, it always said I had to again - wtf? Then I opened IE, and got the file without an issue. Is MS and Hotmail just anti-Safari or do I have corrupt cookies in Safari? (I reset Safari and still had the problem.) :mad:

·
Registered
84 Posts
ya it's completely a conspiracy of some sort. i decided to stop using hotmal for that very reason. i suggest you switch to yahoo because you can check and send your mail through the Mail application. trust me you'll love it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ya it's completely a conspiracy of some sort. I decided to stop using hotmail for that very reason. I suggest you switch to Yahoo because you can check and send your mail through the Mail application. Trust me, you'll love it.

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
Hotmail and Safari do not get along very well at all. I can't send mail through Hotmail through Safari, (so I send it through my account in Mail.app) and the only reason I have hotmail is for all my friends who use MSN.

·
Premium Member
6,788 Posts
I dunno about you guys, but I can send and receive hotmail just fine in Safari 1.1.1 (v100.1). I just tested it out to confirm.

I would suggest clearing history, cache and all stored cookies just to be sure, plus Safari needs a good cleanout every once in a while anyway.

--PB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dunno about you guys, but I can send and receive hotmail just fine in Safari 1.1.1 (v100.1).
I can send/receive email without problem -- it's opening attachments that I can't do via Safari.

I would suggest clearing history, cache and all stored cookies just to be sure, plus Safari needs a good cleanout every once in a while anyway.
Yeah, I reset Safari - same thing. Resetting clears cache, cookies, history, etc.

and the only reason I have hotmail is for all my friends who use MSN.
Same with me. I wish they all used AIM. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Another benefit of .Mac membership - web mail that works! No problems with any Mac or PC browser I've ever tried it with.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
Well I only use my hotmail address to sign up for contests and such now (anything that smells of getting added to a spam list). So it doesn't matter much to me, but I haven't been able to send emails in Hotmail in Panther. :confused: Most likely a reset or clearing would fix it, but for one email a year, its not worth it. Besides Shaw's webmail works just fine when I'm not on my Mac and have access to Mail.app

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am bringing up this old thread.

It is strange recently safari cannot check my hotmail account, no matter how i reset/ clear safari.

The other odd thing is my other powerbook has no issues whatsoever with safari/hotmail.
Both machines are running latest safari and on tiger.
Odd, discuss?
Workarounds/ fixes?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.