Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

All my previous hotline locations are dead. Can anyone provide me with new locations that have games and apps.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Kevin - on ehMac we do not condone or promote the usage or swapping of warez. Not the right place to ask this question. However I've heard the best or worst warez site possible was found at ftp://127.0.0.1

A few people might get that joke, others may have to try it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hotline's own site has tracker lists which have details on legitmate HL sites (ones that don't promote piracy).

You would have better luck checking there for HL information.

I'm not aware of any HL related sites that are connected with this sites forum posters. Admittedly, I haven't used HL in years.

Besides, with such a great place like ehMac, there isn't really need for one in a Forum sense...

:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Hotline sucks anyway!
I agree with RtC though, Google, it will find whatever you want.

Can I interview you for my documentary on Piracy? It can be anon. if you so choose!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
MacDaddy - How soon until your documentary is ready to be shown, as I would love to watch it.

If you really want warez, a few seconds on Google should reveal a few secrets, although BitTorrent has been abused this way. I love BitTorrent for the way it relieves the loads off of the servers and allows me to get movies (Red vs Blue specifically) faster and have the nice feeling I helped out some poor soul elsewhere. (I am not promoting Piracy, I am promoting the advantages of using BitTorrent "appropriately")

·
Registered
288 Posts
Macdaddy I hope you are going to show both sides of the piracy issue and some of the positive effects that it has had.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Me thick
Me don't understand 127.0.0.1
IE thick too - won't connect
Transmit too - won't connect

Am sure there is a good joke somewhere. Hints?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Moscool - so as not to mess it up for everyone else, I PM'd you the reasoning that makes the joke funny. If you try to access the FTP, try turning FTP Services on first under the Sharing pref pane, it enhances the ability for you to connect to such an awesome warez site. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Me thick
Me don't understand 127.0.0.1
IE thick too - won't connect
Transmit too - won't connect

Am sure there is a good joke somewhere. Hints?
Me take pity
127.0.0.1 IP address of localhost
if have OS X, turn on Personal Web Sharing
Then open browser - type http://127.0.0.1/
will receive Apache message
you connected to youself
don't do it too much or you go blind!

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Chealion, you are a wit... :D

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Ahh Gerbill, you let it out... :( Now they won't go and try it and learn that Crime does not pay!

(OK, we all know that, Crime does pay, and so do warez, but really, why would rip off someone just so you can get yourself ripped off?)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts