Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knew how most video projectors might hook up to a Powerbook (Pismo). Are they all the same and require the same cables? I will be doing a presentation with iPhoto, and I'm not sure what I would use- just the video out port? Maybe projectors all vary with their own connections?

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Most projectors allow multiple inputs, and are generally very computer-friendly.

If the PB is close to the projector, the standard video out (like you would use to connect an external CRT monitor) plugs right into the projector. You can usually use composite video (single yellow RCA) or S-Video if your computer has these output options. You will need the appropriate cable.

You may need audio cables as well; projectors often have an audio in, but since the tiny mono speaker in the projector is cheezier than your PB audio, you probably don't need it in that case. Sending audio to an external amp/speaker or some conference AV sound system works much better.

It might be helpful if you know the projector's resolution beforehand, but as a rule-of-thumb set up your presentation in 800x600.

If you won't be able to check out the presentation room/equipment beforehand, bring an assortment of audio adapters (eg 3.5 mini phone stereo to RCA and an assortment of cables in different lengths) and you can never have too many extension cords.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
The two projectors that LD keeps in stock both accept VGA, S-Video and Composite Video. They also have the silly little speaker as gordGuide mentioned.

If you can, go with the S-Video connection, you'll get the best picture that way.

--PB

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just went and checked on the projector this afternoon. After figuring out to set the "mirror screen" option- everything went well. We used the vga port. Thanks for the quick replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.