Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on the Future shop site to see what to expect in the Boxing Day madness, and guess what I saw?? This!

I just paid $99 for the wired one. Whoa... something to think about. I might as well get the wireless one and sit on it.

Just wanted to hook up my ehMac bretherens. ;)

·
Premium Member
30,940 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
macdoc wrote:
"Yeah it's really annoying that model is ONLY available to Future Shop. Ticks me off when manufacturers do that with "know nothing" vendors like FS."

I'd imagine the fact that model is only available to vendors like FutureShop is because of volume; I'd imagine FutureShop will be able to sell a fair number of those routers....

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know how err-one feels. There are similar deals in apparel (Nike/Footlocker - although that will end in a few months- bad news for Footlocker). Anyhow, I just grabbed the wifi one for the office... Only to find out that the one that I bought RP614, is now going for $40! Can you say - REFUND?? I'm my way 1st thing Monday to handle some. Anyhow, just looking out for cats...

·
Premium Member
30,940 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
macdoc wrote:
"EVERY vendor can sell a lot of those routers at that price point!"

Ah, but there are a lot of Future Shops and Best Buys, hence the overall volume will probably be much greater.

"The problem being is the knowledgeable vendors will get the setup or compatibility calls but can't participate."

I'm not sure how this is a problem (at least for the company selling routers to a vendor). If the vendor gets the support calls, then why does the company producing the routers care?

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ohenri:
I was just on the Future shop site to see what to expect in the Boxing Day madness, and guess what I saw?? This!

I just paid $99 for the wired one. Whoa... something to think about. I might as well get the wireless one and sit on it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stupid rebates!!! I understand why they do it, but it ticks me off nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that Macdoc means that they get all the conflict issue calls, while they cannot, as reseller get the unit in stock and enjoy such lucrative sale opportunity. Basically, forced to support something that they never sold in the 1st place, right Mac?? I feel you Mac. Retail does kinda suck like that - esp when you're faced with a big discounter like Future Shop. How do you feel about the laughable fact that Apple has made them a reseller now?? They don't know much about PCs.. I can't wait to hear them try yo push the Apple units now...

·
Premium Member
30,940 Posts
Ohenri that's right - while it's not a lucrative opportunity ( few of those these days) it is good value for clients and since we can provide a complete solution it anchors a home WiFi on a very decent cost basis for the client.
We aren't retailers anyway but we do want access to the products for a solution that is cost effective. We then are forced to either inflict FS on a client or sell a higher priced unit which then makes it look as if we are not competitive when the truth is we aren't allowed to buy that model.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts