Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I have to admit I was on the giving end of things back in highschool. Not something I'm proud of today and I know I am on someones Billy Madison hit list.
Why am I not surprised?

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Examples?
Sure! Here you go:

JumboJones said:
:-:)-:)-(
What about the millions of children that were counting on it years ago? I'm sorry if you can't afford to have children...
JumboJones said:
We aren't entitled to national daycare.
JumboJones said:
You're really stretching now if you are compairing healthcare and childcare, lame.
JumboJones said:
Why anyone would want to hand off their child before kindergarten is beyond me, you wouldn't want your child to bond with you.

There is a difference between equal rights and the right to publicly funded childcare. What next the right to publicly funded maid service? How about chauffeur service? Auto repair? How about our poor pets, lets add pet healthcare too.
JumboJones said:
Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie. More, more, more. You think this is the first generation that has had to work double shifts and late nights? I'm 28, I'd like to think I'm part of today's generation, and I feel proud of where I am as a result of hard work. I have 3 brothers and they are all still waiting for someone to come save them, they all feel this entitlement like they should be where I am without having to work for it. It's BS, there are things people can do and sacrifices they can make to survive, they just don't feel they should have to.
JumboJones said:
You sound pretty entitled, ever try working hard for something?

It is a nice reward, but not when others feel they should be sharing that pie with you, without having worked for their own.
JumboJones said:
This is a two way street my friend, there are several women dominated fields out there, should we cut them down and add some men in there to make you happy, not everything is going to be equal, split down the middle.

Immigrants choose to come to this country, they can't expect to have evereything handed to them as soon as they get here. There is no reason why they can't get as far as the "white man" I know several successful immigrants, but they worked to get there.

I can't believe you even suggested that Natives don't have the same opportunities, I would love to have free post-secondary education and the tax breaks they enjoy, maybe we should take those away so they are more equal to the "white man".

So what if people are born into a rich family, it's the same as being born into a poor family, it's what you do with your life that matters. That poor person can equally make it big or help future generations of their family make it big, as the rich person can hit rock bottom.

You wouldn't happen to be one of those recent grads that came out of university expecting to make $100K a year without paying your dues are you?
JumboJones said:
Great so are you proud of where you are because you worked hard at it, or are you bitter because society doesn't hand out as much as you think they should to people that waste our free education system?
These are all from one thread. I'm too lazy to find more in other threads but they are there. (Bold added by me for effect)

·
Premium Member
8,903 Posts
MM, you seem to have demonstrated a distinct difference in politics more than bullying. For example, bullies have labeled such differences as "selfish" and such. Do you have examples that are not so blurred with personal politics?

For example, "We aren't entitled to national daycare." as an example says a lot more about your politics than about bullying. If you applied such standards, but with someone else's politics, you'd be amazed at the southpaw bullying. But, then again, that's just politics.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Beej, The native comment alone illustrates it as does the If you can't have children comment. But his quote where he is bullying his own family says it all to me:
jumboJones said:
I have 3 brothers and they are all still waiting for someone to come save them, they all feel this entitlement like they should be where I am without having to work for it.
I could spend more hours to find better examples but I can't be arsed.

·
Premium Member
8,903 Posts
Well then, MM, should we expect you to pipe up as "lefty" bullying continues?

Probably not, nor should you but, "The native comment alone" implies that you knew your quotes were weak (if you only needed one) and that your concept of bullying is deeply political to begin with. Is it now bullying to point out when "white" folk get lesser treatment?

I agree that the language is questionable but your bullying case is, as yet, weak. It still smells like personal politics more than anything else and your own quotes help prove that.

"I have 3 brothers and they are all still waiting for someone to come save them, they all feel this entitlement like they should be where I am without having to work for it."

If that's bullying to you then, perhaps, you do not understand bullying. From my experience, having been bullied, that is not it.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well then, MM, should we expect you to pipe up as "lefty" bullying continues?

Probably not, nor should you but, "The native comment alone" implies that you knew your quotes were weak (if you only needed one) and that your concept of bullying is deeply political to begin with. Is it now bullying to point out when "white" folk get lesser treatment?

I agree that the language is questionable but your bullying case is, as yet, weak. It still smells like personal politics more than anything else and your own quotes help prove that.

"I have 3 brothers and they are all still waiting for someone to come save them, they all feel this entitlement like they should be where I am without having to work for it."

If that's bullying to you then, perhaps, you do not understand bullying. From my experience, having been bullied, that is not it.
You are missing my point. I am not accusing him of bullying me. I am accusing him of making statements that sound like the attitude of a bully.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Do you have some kind of formal background to be able to make an educated diagnosis of the way bullies reply to posts on online boards? Didn't think so.

So if you think differing opinions to yours constitutes bullying, then half the members here are guilty. I guess we're only allowed to post things we feel strongly about as long as it agrees with your point of view.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
This has been split from the original thread to keep the original thread on track. If you'd like to continue with the argument, feel free, however keep the personal attacks to a minimum.

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
There was a study that indicated that whinny children often grew up to be Conservative....

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
I'm sure he knows, it is only oblivious to some of those who hail from the Province.
Thank God I'm from Manitoba - but I have noticed that a distinguishing characteristics of certain posters is that it's pointless to belabour certain stereotypes with them as they seem to encapsulate the caricatures of "witless *******" themselves.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.