Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Klingon Warrior
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a higher end graphics card for a Power Mac. It has to be AGP and have and ADC Port on it. I read the best ever made were the Radeon X800 XT and the X850 XT. Those would be nice to get...

I know that there are two pins that need to be taped for a 8x AGP card to work in a 4x machine.

I'd rather not get a flashed PC card because they won't have ADC. Though.. if someone had a really good offer for a top of the line one of those; I would be interested too!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
video card

sorry don't have one for sale, but didn't know about this card. welovemacs.com has one...
for $500 plus shipping :eek:

sorry I can't help you more....

jb

·
Klingon Warrior
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$500 American too lol! Thats about $650 or so now!

So; after a bit of research I think I have found the ultimate card. The GeForce 7800GS seems to be the best. I found my DVI to ADC adaptor; do I think I'll try that if it would work with a non ADC graphics card. Even then; it seems that card runs around $150....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi.

I have an ATI Mac Radeon 9800P 256MB video card for G5. It has DVI-I and ADC ports. I don't know if it will work with your G5, but you can check it out if you want. I'm located in GTA.

Bill
send me a PM if you are interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts