Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,494 Posts
Incredible! The close-up shots are almost lifelike.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Those are some sweet pics!

Looks the audio jack is now gold plated?
I really dig that opaque keyboard!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,494 Posts
I shall be quite honest and admit that I chuckled when I read of people "babying" their Macs. However, if the truth be known, I wash my hands everytime I start off on my new iBook. Don't know what I'll do at the first scratch? We shall see.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wow! Nice pics! Great quality and extremely vivid! I must say the ibook G4 keyboard looks a lot nicer than i imagined it. These pics me feel a bit down on my purchase of my ibook g3... :( i know i saved money and I couldn't wait any longer for them to ship... but makes me think what if..

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Yeah, same here. I also need mine for school so I got it during the summer. There will always be an opportunity to get a new computer in the future, so I try and not think about it.

Dr G. - washing hands is always a good habit
oh and especially after reading a newspaper!

·
Registered
281 Posts
the pics are nice.. i don't like the opaque keyboard... and ever since the revision C iBooks, they changed the inner bezel (the piece supporting the keyboard) to white rubbermaid plastic... they used to be silver... I liked that much better.

my iBook 600 was like that.. and the keyboard was translucent.. they really changed it now.. slot loading, i like! hehehe! i like the "iBook G4" logo too!

cool machine.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Dr. G.:
"I shall be quite honest and admit that I chuckled when I read of people "babying" their Macs. However, if the truth be known, I wash my hands everytime I start off on my new iBook. Don't know what I'll do at the first scratch? We shall see."

From experience, might I offer what I did when I first scratched my G4 12.1" Al Powerbook?

I cried!

:(

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
It looks like the lighting was simply the large windows with white blinds - I always love that effect and it works great with the subject. Looks like erica (my 12" PB 867) is due for another photoshoot. I could show off those snazzy Home Depot rubber feet. I like the opaque keyboard by the way - looks like the days of the fruity iMacs are truly fading into the past.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
:eek:

These shots are slammin. They are really breathtaking. I'm taking another close look at this unit... Thanks.

From experience, might I offer what I did when I first scratched my G4 12.1" Al Powerbook?

I cried!
I put a small inperceivable crack (nearly invisible) in the case of the my Pismo - but it looks like a massive gash to me. I was alittle bummed to say the least. :rolleyes:

H!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,494 Posts
jonmon, yes, newspaper inks are quite detrimental to anything white. Also, wirehaired doxies are clean dogs, but while their fur does not shed, it can come off on your hand when petting them, which I do quite often.

Sinc, so is your new 12" PB now allowed out of the house now that it has attained it's first "battle scar"?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i completely understand how you guys baby your machines... i baby all my machines, cheap or expensive.

on my powerbook, i rarely let anyone use it.. if they have to, i ask them to take off their watch, wash their hands, and don't talk or poke directly towards the display... i don't want to have to wipe their spit marks and their oily fingers off my precious display.

lol... surprisingly.. my gf's cool with all that!

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
lol, all good advice!

unfortunately the previous owner of my ibook looks like they had their watch on while typing :(

·
Canadian By Choice
117,494 Posts
I can only imagine what the iBooks that are leased to entire schools/boards/states, et al, look like at the end of their lease. My Apple IIgs keyboard, which was a pale beige when new, had a keyboard that looked distinctly ......some color unknown to modern humanity, after my son started to use it daily as a boy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts