Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Very nice
Love the ending!! What mac did you create this on?

·
Registered
268 Posts
can you give us the deets? what kind of mac, what's your musical background, have you used other music software before, how long did this mix take you, etc.?

thanks!

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
Troutmagnet, that's great - I hope you've got more on the way!

Check out my boring GB doodlings here. I just put up a new one called "Marathon".

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No musical background... well that's a lie actually, I've been in three bands, but we never did any more than jam in a basement (I play guitar.... rather badly at that) - I played live in front of 250 people in some tiny village in England when I lived there and sucked abysmally since I was half sloshed and couldn't remember any of the words (stage fright=ten pints bartender!)

I guess I'm the only dude that ever bothered to turn up to our practices - everyone else was just waaaay too 'cool' to bother... (you know the drill)

That said, I don't a have a bad voice though (currently working on my 'real' tunes - I have about sixty songs I've written down, but always intended to get my -beep- together at some point and grab a 4-track or something similar)

I have a MDD G4/867DP - 1GB RAM - 120GB 7200RPM HD.

I've NEVER touched any music software before last night - apart from sampling some voices for a stage-show performance and the track took me from about 10 p.m. to about 1 a.m. - The whole thing was probably finished by about midnight, but I spent the rest of the time fiddling with the Master Tracks features and adding different effects to the instrument channels.

I can't believe I've been missing this side of digital creativity all this time... It's like I just crawled out from under a rock!

And doug gardhouse - not bad! But I really wish you could just host the entire file download on FTP or something, I'm getting some really strange buffering problems from your stream - I'm sure it's not my ISP or connection though. Anyone else getting this problem?

Thanks for the feedback though! Noone replied until about 11 a.m. today, so I was starting to think that maybe it was just god-awful... (it IS just a hack-and-slash though, please bear in mind...)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ta Daaaaaaaaannnn!!!!

I just remixed and finalized the track!

I just updated it today! Please download again and let me know what you think NOW!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I guess Apple believed in people like you when releasing Garageband. It's nice to see that the tools have empowered you.
kudos. :cool:

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I guess Apple believed in people like you when releasing Garageband. It's nice to see that the tools have empowered you.
It doesn't matter what Apple thinks,
I'm just glad that the software will enable me to be light years
ahead of Garageband when I get it.
(Not sure if you are quoting my message or not...Oh well)

I just got the confirmation that my keyboard is on it's way.
Now if I can just sell some more of my legacy equipment...
I'll be able to afford Logic Pro/Express

Dave :cool:

[ February 07, 2004, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: dolawren ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts