Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple has been working on the successor of the iPhone SE and it is expected to launch by March this year. According to a report by 9to5Mac, Digitimes suggests that Apple may launch two models of the “rumoured iPhone SE 2”

Apple did good after slashing prices on the iPhone XR last year. And if the numbers are anything to go by, cheap (or cheaper) iPhones is a something most people would like get their hands on.

Apple did good after slashing prices on the iPhone XR last year. And if the numbers are anything to go by, cheap (or cheaper) iPhones is a something most people would like get their hands on. iPhone XR became Apple’s best selling iPhone of the decade and most of that was thanks to the fact that Apple dropped its price a little before the new iPhone 11 series were launched.

Now, we know that Apple has been working on the successor of the iPhone SE and it is expected to launch by March this year. According to a report by 9to5Mac, Digitimes suggests that Apple may launch two models of the “rumoured iPhone SE 2” which probably was going to be launched as the iPhone 9, at least till last month. Supply-chain sources have revealed that Apple has asked for two different LCD screens.

As per the report from Digitimes, the “new member will be an upgraded version of the widely speculated iPhone SE2 featuring a 5.5 or a 6.1-inch LCD display”.

If Apple chooses the iPhone 9 moniker for the budget iPhone, then it is possible that the two devices will be the iPhone 9 an the iPhone 9 Plus. This is going by what Apple did with the iPhone 8 in 2017 – there was an iPhone 8 and an iPhone 8 Plus.

Apple followed that up with the iPhone X that was their 10th anniversary special and the iPhone 9 never say the light of day. In a situation like this, if Apple is going to make their cheaper iPhones the iPhone 9s, there are chances that design-wise they may be similar to the iPhone 8s.

Apple analyst and tipster Ming-Chi Kuo has suggested in the past that the iPhone SE2 will be launched at the end of March 2020 and be priced at $399 (Rs 28,400 approx).

Reports and rumours so far have it that Apple will be launching more than five iPhones in 2020 along with their 5G models. While only two of those may be the “affordable” kind, it is definitely something to look forward to.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/tech...TRHSeoGgUKnu7E6XVpx9-RU9qhNjOPdsMTb_PGA_6TJTU

·
Registered
428 Posts
Looking forward to this. Our SEs are ageing, and we dislike large phones. The essence of a phone is portable communication; OS is secondary; screen size is tertiary.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rumour is that Apple is going to remove all ports from iPhones in 2021. Phones will come with air buds included and will charge wirelessly. So much for my preferred headphones when reading and listening to music. And you can bet the price of those expensive air buds will be added to those cheap phones to bump the price back up again.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Hey Apple fans, Apple might give you 2 cheap iPhones in 2020!

According to a report by 9to5Mac, Digitimes suggests...
LMAO First of all, Apple is *never* going to offer "cheap iPhones". Secondly, Digitimes is a notoriously *inaccurate* website when it comes to Apple rumours.

So, don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LMAO First of all, Apple is *never* going to offer "cheap iPhones". Secondly, Digitimes is a notoriously *inaccurate* website when it comes to Apple rumours.

So, don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen.
Fair enough, but it is much like I find most of your pontifications as you describe those of others. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Fair enough, but it is much like I find most of your pontifications as you describe those of others. ;)
Sorry but I have no idea what that means. Could you rephrase? It doesn't make much sense as is.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry but I have no idea what that means. Could you rephrase? It doesn't make much sense as is.
Sure, while surprised at your lack of understanding that your opinions and observations have as many holes in them as those whom you criticize, simply amazes me.

That plain enough?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no idea what crawled up your ass and died but I hope it's fatal.
Ah, the response of a man (maybe) who cannot accept the world is not all his realm.

Not in any way unexpected though.

Another internet wonder full of himself?

Likely? Probable?

You betcha. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Ah, the response of a man (maybe) who cannot accept the world is not all his realm.
Dude..I made a comment on a post. For some bizarre reason, you've taken it upon yourself to try to slam me about my response. OK.

But I have no idea who you are or why you're bothering.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The initial comment you made insinuated that the source was well known for questionable views. I've read similar viewpoints from you over the years that is equally as questionable.

What's so hard for you to understand?

The name is Don, not dude, dude.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
The initial comment you made insinuated that the source was well known for questionable views.
I insinuated no such thing. I said it outright. Digitimes is well known in the Mac and tech media as being notoriously innaccurate. Having worked in the field for more than 26 years, I think I'll take my opinion of Digitimes over yours unless you have greater expertise than I do.

What's so hard for you to understand?
Your animosity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts