Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to download a copy of Xcode Tools but whenever I download and install the DMG file, I cannot find Xcode.app . I had it previously, and then I reformatted my computer. Because I was having some problem with the partition.

A Genius installed Mac OS X (Build 8R2232) for me.

I have installed X11.app but still no Xcode.

I've checked the HD>Developer>Applications folder and Finder>Applications>Utilities folder, but alas, no Xcode.

Anyone know what's up with this ?

·
Premium Member
6,087 Posts
X11 is unrelated to Xcode. Xcode should be installed in a default installation of the Developer Tools. Xcode, and other developer applications, are installed into the /Developer/Applications folder. Xcode and Interface Builder are in the root, while other applications may be in sub folders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey John,

The X11 thing came up because I called Apple Tech Support and they told me to do it when I told them my problem with Xcode.

I see Interface Builder, but no Xcode in the root Developer folder.

Whenever I download Xcode 2.4.1 and install it, it says it's installed, but I can't even find it in Spotlight. I try reinstalling, and it says, "Try reinstalling again."

What is going on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, so I went into an Apple Store today and fixed the problem. Essentially, the original install somehow did not include Xcode. Reinstallation met with errors because folders already existed.

Essentially the Genius (Richard) had to remove the Developer folder, and reinstall it.

Now I have Xcode !

Thanks for all of your help, John. I'm glad to see these forums are so interactive. Greatly appreciate it !

~ Hemant

·
Registered
347 Posts
XCode 2.4.1 for Mac OS 10.4.x

Did you upgrade XCode to version 2.4.1 ?
You mentioned a .dmg file so it sounds like you went through the hoops to get it.
I.E. become an ADC member (basic level is free) and download and install
the 2.4.1 XCode update.

Cheers - Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.