Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we need help! We have a pc hooked up to a wireless router with sympatico highspeed. And we have an imac downstairs that we are trying to hook up wirelessly. The airport says there is signal. But can't connect still... keeps saying can't find PPPoe server or host. Any idea's??? Help. We have tried everything. please... anyone...

·
Bald by choice
9,055 Posts
Hi, we need help! We have a pc hooked up to a wireless router with sympatico highspeed. And we have an imac downstairs that we are trying to hook up wirelessly. The airport says there is signal. But can't connect still... keeps saying can't find PPPoe server or host. Any idea's??? Help. We have tried everything. please... anyone...

read his and then see if you can help us a bit more

http://www.ehmac.ca/mac-ipod-help-t...ubleshooting-guidelines-help-us-help-you.html

jb.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Go into System Preferences, Network. Double-click your Airport connection, click on the PPPoE tab and uncheck "Connect using PPPoE". Click on the TCP/IP tab and make sure its set to use DHCP. Apply the settings and try to connect.

Trev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Trevx for the reply,tried that...didnt work...it is either the network or the isp...does the mac use any network as a default setting?
just went the diagnostics check and it confirmed changes have been made but Isp fails every time...The geek squad told me it is a very common problem with a simple solution but dont give on phone service ...
thanks for the suggestions
cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
I maybe totally off on this one, but I just set up my Airport the other day and had to call Apple. The solution was so simple, I thought I'd just put it here anyway. Unplug the modem for 5 minutes to reset it. This may not work, but it did for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts