Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Well, the time has come that I actually purchase a Mac computer, becuase my PC's are ticking me off :mad: . I have a PC, and I have priced it out, and it is worth roughly around $850, even though I know I won't get that for it
. If I am to buy a Mac, it would be from either here on good 'ol EhMac, cause there is a GREAT variety, or from the local Calgary Bargain finder. I would like people's opinion on two things.

1.) What is a good entry-level Mac laptop, I have always loved the Pismo, but I think I need something with a little more power.

2.) What is a good entry-level Mac Desktop, I have always liked the G4 towers, but prefer something better than a Sawtooth.

Everybody's opinion on this matter would be GREATLY appriciated :D .

Thanx to All EhMac members

Eric C.

P.S. The P.C. in my signature is not the one im selling

·
Registered
68 Posts
It really depends on what you're looking to do with it.

A good entry level laptop is teh iBook G4. Those are 'technically' entry level but are very powerful nonetheless.

A good entry level desktop based on the info you provide would be the 1.8Ghz G5 tower.

If you want a screen and machine, then the iMac is definately the way to go.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
993 Posts
If you're looking for a reasonably priced secondhand tower, I would recommend the G4 QuickSilver 867 mhz. I bought mine secondhand, and have had it for about 8 months. It's plenty fast, very stable and easy to upgrade. Much faster than a Sawtooth; I suspect you can buy one for around $1100.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all

Thanx for the reply's, I REALLY! wish I had enough money for a used Quicksilver or a new G4 iBook, someone on EhMac is selling a Sawtooth G4, which I am seriously considering purchasing. I just don't have tons of money.

Thanx for the replys

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well for what its worth, I bought my first Mac a few months back. And its entry level all right(iBook G3 900mhz), but it does all I need it to do. In fact I'm a bit impressed by its speed. I don't know what you'll be needing it for, but for an entry level laptop, I've been real happy with this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts