Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Entourage 10.0.0 in OS 10.2.1 and am having a real flakey problem. Earlier this week, I had created a custom folder (on the left side column) as home to certain emails. Today, I dragged a message over to that folder that I had set to forward, but didn't (that email is in bold as if it is unread). Now, when I click on that particular folder, only a number of all the emails is showing. The others below are hidden behing lite horizontal blue lines. If I click somewhere in those lines, some of the message will show up, but when I do anything in that custom folder, I get a pop up message saying "The action could not be completed. An unknown error (4362) ocurred." I trashed both preferences in the library folder- Entourage Preferences and com.microsoft.Entourage.plist. I restarted Entourage and the problem still persists, also after going through permissions repair with Disk Utility. Could anyone enlighten me on what to do next?

Follow up- I imported emails into mail.app, but I'd still like toknow what the quirk was there with Entourage. I like the program, but not with that silliness.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Have you tried rebuilding the Entourage Database? (When launching Entourage, hold down the option key and select advanced rebuild).

I've found this fixes a lot of problems that arise in Entourage.

If that fails, maybe look for an update for Entourage.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if that did it, since I did trash the folder that was giving me problems. I wonder, how often should you rebuild the database?

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
I rebuild mine at least once every 2-3 months. But that's because at work I am still running a Umax SuperMac s900 on OS 9.1 with a 2GB HD. So I do it to conserve space. (don't laugh)

At home I am running Mail. You should try it. I like it much better.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I would, but I haven't yet figured out how to get adresses from Entourage into Mail. What's the quickest way?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts