Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Quick question. Because I was too lazy or stupid to run network cable when I built my house, I'm stuck.

I currently have a wireless Dlink G router in my office. My laptop signal strength is great but ......

I have a horrible signal near my Home Theater gear. Can I purchase another router and use it as a internet access point? I want to run a network cable to my Toshiba HDA2, Xbox 360 elite and Pioneer Elite 1540 TV.

Moving my router to the HT area is not an option as I don't have a phone line in that area and It simply wouldnt work.

Any suggestions? I went to FS yesterday but the staff was clueless.

Help!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hello All,

Quick question. Because I was too lazy or stupid to run network cable when I built my house, I'm stuck.

I currently have a wireless Dlink G router in my office. My laptop signal strength is great but ......

I have a horrible signal near my Home Theater gear. Can I purchase another router and use it as a internet access point? I want to run a network cable to my Toshiba HDA2, Xbox 360 elite and Pioneer Elite 1540 TV.

Moving my router to the HT area is not an option as I don't have a phone line in that area and It simply wouldnt work.

Any suggestions? I went to FS yesterday but the staff was clueless.

Help!
I don't know fi your gear is ompatible with it, but I belive the new wirless 'N' has a greater range then 'G'.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You could also get a second router and use it as a bridge. I am assuming this might help as the two routers would be sending the signal back and forth rather then just the AV equipment and the cards they have. If the second router is somewhere in between then it would hopefully boost the signal from the one that is connected to the phone line, thus hopefully reaching the equipment with a strong enough signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts