Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My G5 was acting up and giving the restart message and then frezing at startup. When I ran Apple Hardware Test I got the message that there was an Error with the VRAM. The flowing code was displayed:

2NVD/1/4 2060

Do I need a new video card?
Thanks,
Darien Red Sox

·
Registered
0 Posts
same but with my powerbook

I also ran the Apple Hardware Test and got a Video RAM: Error Detected result. The error code is 2NVD/1/4: 2122. I'm on a Powerbook G4 12" 1.5 ghz, and it appears the only solution is a logic board replacement. Is that correct?

The cheapest price I could find was from ifixit.com for $499 US (and $1000+ if you go through Apple), which is way too much. Does anyone know of Canadian store that sells Mac parts (or even a Toronto-based store)?

Darien, I think you are in a bit of a better boat than me... something about a midplane, I'm assuming its cheaper than a logic board.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know whare the wideo RAM is in the Mac Bood. I have been away for the last week so I just ordred the replacement a few minints ago from a library computer. Sorry about the spelling, I am at the Library using IE6 (no spell check) and the library is closing in less than 2 min. I got next day shipiing Hope to have my mac back up this weekend.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New Card Is Installed And Working

I picked up a new card form newegg.com with next day shipping it came to about $205.00. I installed it and it is working great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.