Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible? I filled my 1 gig memory stick today and my camera decided to thank me by making sure I cant get at any of my photos or videos. Yay! I'm running software undelete now and its found the files. But I cant afford the $40USD to buy the software. Any free alternatives I'm missing? Any Terminal tricks? Any ideas?

HELP!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
I thought that exact same problem came up here on ehMac not too long ago. Could have been a different type of memory card, but same thing - filled to the max and then couldn't read.
And there was a solution in the end that worked - I just can't find the thead.

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
You need to be a bit more specific on how you are trying to extract the data: is it via the finder or an application such as iPhoto? Can the camera itself still read the files?

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
I would try the simplest thing first. If an SD card make sure it is unlocked (small slider on side of card). Other than that insert into card reader and see if you can unload files that way.

I happen to like card readers as I can lock the card and view on anybodies computer with no worries of accidental erasure or special software.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm trying to view the files any way possible. Browsing on the camera or finder, or iphoto. Camera cannot read the files.

It shows 128megs free space, on a 1 gig card, but with 3 files totaling 150megs.

Its mostly a bunch of large video files.

The pictures dont matter, the videos do.

Its a memory stick. I can find the files on the card from 2 days ago, but everything from yesturday is gone.

I ran photorecover and it found all the files, but I cant afford the $40USD to buy the damn software.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts