Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've never had that program open when I've boot up. Has something terrible happened to my machine? It's an up-to-date OS X

Thanks for any insights!

·
Premium Member
15,684 Posts
Thanks for any insights!

You're going to have to supply some more and better details as to what particular "OS X Utilities opened upon start up" and on what "up-to-date OS X" version.

Your profile shows you're using "OS El Capitan" which isn't exactly the latest mac OS version!!

What do you have listed as your current "startup apps" or login items???

- Patrick
======

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Patrick,

I don't know how to upload an image. I have one that would show what I have on my screen that I got online on my Partner's computer. The insert image icon wants a url. It's on the computer, though. Is there a workaround?

Sorry, I thought El Capitan was the current one. My bad. I can't check what I have. I just know it's El Cap. I don't want to do anything until I know why utilities opened by itself.

I don't know What I have listed as my current "startup apps" or login items??? Normally nothing is opened automatically when I start up.

thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw a site that suggested I run "First Aid" so I gave it a-go. Then I re-started and it seems okay. ...I guess... This does remind me it's time to back up again!

Is this a bad sign the Disk Utility just opened like that? Is my HD on its way out??

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,684 Posts
If everything is now running OK, then get your backup working and up to date if you have any data worth saving.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes!! to backing up again! I do them but it was time to do it again. I'm going to look at setting up Time Machine as I haven't used it yet. ...I know, everyone probably just gasped.... I'm going to look at it because I bet it makes backing up easier.

I just checked and I have OS 10.11.6

Thanks for chiming in and helping everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts