Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALright--i'm thinking that this is about accidentally changing some kind of a setting but i'm really having a hard time figureing this out.

one day i tryed to watch a video on you tube and there was no sound.
then i itryed to watch something on tv links and there was no sound.

then i switched browsers...firefox to safari---still no audio.

i tryed itunes and there is sound. When i checked the computer audio output there is not a problem...i can hear all files on my computer.

soooooo.......the prognosis: ODDLY my computer outputs sound from files on the computer but refused to output sound from the internet?????

what the hell?

I've been working on this particular puzzle for a few days now and can't stand it any more...

dose someone have the answer????
please help me!~!!!!

thank you

sincerely,
lisa

G

·
Go into your Applications->Utilities folder. Open up the Audio Midi setup application and make sure that your audio is set to use 44100 hz ... some updaters/installers for things like flash and real audio set them up to 96000 hz which will cause this issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK THANK THANK YOU!!!

thank you smart smart friend!!!

that is exactly what happened...thank you thank you thank you.

I LOVE EH MAC!!!!!!

love,

lisa gamble

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
1) mguertin - that is the most obscure piece of knowledge I have seen yet on ehMac. Well done. Filing that one away. Very weird.

2) Maybe ehMac should start a dating service, pairing up people who share a common love for the Mac.

G

·
1. LOL, thanks guytoronto :) That is an odd one but it works (and has been an issue for a couple of years now DOH)

2. good idea, but I'm taken :D (and my GF is a recent mac convert too hehe)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still no sound on internet.

Hello,

I am having this same problem (no sound on internet) but itunes has sound.

I looked at the audio midi setting and it was fine. I reset it anyway and that didn't fix my problem. Any other suggestions?

Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
Hello,

I am having this same problem (no sound on internet) but itunes has sound.

I looked at the audio midi setting and it was fine. I reset it anyway and that didn't fix my problem. Any other suggestions?

Any help is appreciated!
It would be helpful if you stated: what operating system you are using (i.e., 10.x.x?), which computer including cpu speed (MacBook? 2.4Ghz?), and which internet browser (Safari?).

You might also want to send a private message to ehMax to change your username. Internet fora, like any other website, get spidered all the time in searches for valid email addresses, and your username will show up as one. It will be sold along with millions of others for a dollar or two a throw, and the result will have you wondering why you are constantly getting spammed. This is just one possible reason/result, as well as the possibility of getting direct email you don't care for.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Not sure, but there might be something you can try doing in iTunes. Under iTunes> Preferences>Advanced there's an option half way down that says "Use iTunes for internet Music Playback" and a button that says "Set". Push it and see if that'll reset whatever setting has gone out of whack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks cap10subtext I'll try that and let you know.

Thanks However,
My username isn't a valid email address and hasn't been for a couple years. So I don't think that's part of my problem.

I'm running Os X 10.4.11
1.67 GHz Power PC G4
Safari (but like the other user I have tried firefox and sound won't work there either.

I don't know a whole lot about computers so any advice is certainly appreciated. Otherwise I'll be making a call to apple.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts