Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Mac lovers...
Hopefully you can help me.
I just switched to Videotron modem cable and I cannot seem to have my Airport Express work.
When i plug the modem directly to the iBook, it works fine and i can surf the web, but when i plug the modem to the airport express...nothing !!
What should i do ?
Any steps ?
Thanks !!!

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
What did Videotron say when you called them?

Some services provision the modem only for specific devices (as identified by their MAC address)

You may want to review your Airport Express settings with the Cable ISP, as well as your Mac's settings.

·
Registered
328 Posts
A lot of modems will lock on the the device it is connected to and only communicate with it. So if you plug in another device/router it will not communicate with it. Try resetting the modem. Unplug the power to the modem for a minute or two (actually unplug the power, do not just turn it off). Also, unplug the airport express. Make sure the airport is connected to the modem and plug the modem in. Once the modem is done booting, plug in the airport express.

If that does not work, what does it say for status in the airport utility?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.