Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently had an issue with my Mac that required me to delete and redo my whole system. I got a file recovery program and recovered the Garageband files which are the only ones i was worried about. But how do i get them to run in the Garageband app?

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
~

have you tried dragging them into the folder where your garageband compositions are stored? (home > music > garageband)??? you may need to quite gb and relaunch for them to show up...

·
ehMac Genius
522 Posts
I kinda don't get what your saying...

If GarageBand is installed, and the files are on your local disk, they should open up fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no the files are coming up wrong.. all the drum parts are garageband project files and show up as .band files.... the guitar stuff that was recorded is showing up as .aif files... how do i put the 2 types of files together

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what your issue is exactly. Are you new Garageband and/or digital audio? Do the song or songs you have recorded open in Garageband? Can you see and hear the song in the timeline? Or are you saying you have these loose files that aren't in a Garageband project and you want them to be?

Garageband saves it's project files as .band meaning all of the different audio tracks(real audio, midi tracks, apple loops) that make up your song are stored in a tidy little package called '.band'. I'm confused when you say "the drum parts are garageband project files and show up as .band files".

Try either double clicking on the .band files or open a new song project and drag all the files you want to hear in that song into the "big track window" and see if it doesn't resemble what you're looking for.

If you can provide a screen shot of the files in question and explain a little more about what you want to achieve I'm certain we can help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts