Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many months thinking about it, I am about to spring for a purchase of a 12" powerbook. I was torn between the 15" or 12" PB, an Ibook, or (don't shoot) a Gateway laptop.
I am currently in Montreal, and will be taking the unit to London UK. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions where to buy the unit to save $$ on tax and otherwise, and get the best warranty protection for out of the country.
Also interested in comments about the PB 12", and what would be the most important things to have on it. Also, should I max out the RAM right away, or wait until I might need it? The other things I am thinking of to include are the Superdrive, the Applecare warranty, an extra battery, and the Airport card.

Thanks for all help.

·
Hotwiring another cessna
389 Posts
I purchased a 12" PB AlBook a few months back and I love, the portability of the unit is great. I went for the superdrive if you have the funds you'll deffinately use it. Bumping the RAM was a must for me, if you move around a fair bit you may want to purchase a secondary power adapter.

As far as I know Apple Care warranty is worldwide and the terms are based upon your SN. Keep in mind if your going to the UK with a PB purchased here your going to need the proper outlet adapter(s) so you can plug your machine in. I think Targus makes a world adapter kit.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Apple also has their own stylish (but most likely more expensive) world travel kit. Though, if you can wait a week Phadeus, you may want to as all the rumor sites know that whenever Steve Jobs keynotes something, something is released. Though, they've been guessing when the 15" Powerbook update would come out since January.

Apple's World Traveler Kit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts