Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I would really appreciate your help-- I have a presentation on Monday and after working hard on my Keynote '09 presentation, I realized my Apple Remote won't work on it! It just wouldn't do anything. It does, however, work fine with Powerpoint and everything else.

Pleeease help!

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
I'm unaware of any way to turn OFF the ability of the Apple Remote to control Keynote, so I can't help you beyond suggesting that if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch and Wi-Fi where you present, you should use that method instead as its much superior to the line-of-sight requirement of the (infrared) Apple Remote. Because the iPhone/iPod Touch Remote app uses wifi, you can walk around the room (or even outside the room) and control the slideshow. Liberating.

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
I'm unaware of any way to turn OFF the ability of the Apple Remote to control Keynote, so I can't help you beyond suggesting that if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch and Wi-Fi where you present, you should use that method instead as its much superior to the line-of-sight requirement of the (infrared) Apple Remote. Because the iPhone/iPod Touch Remote app uses wifi, you can walk around the room (or even outside the room) and control the slideshow. Liberating.
You ALWAYS have WiFi where you present when you use a Mac notebook! Just use the Create Network... feature in the Airport menu. Personally I have found the so-called ad hoc network set up this way to often be better/faster.

Which doesn't answer your question... Is the battery good in the Apple Remote? Are you sure of your 'line of sight' - I've found sometimes it only take a small degree of 'off'-ness to cause trouble, even the computer screen being tilted back slightly seems to confound the line of sight... Which is why I have finally given the Apple Remote up as a presentation tool in favour of iPhone/iTouch.

Otherwise, I got nuthin'.. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank y'all for replying :)

Like I said, it works fine on powerpoint, frontrow and all.. which I then would assume the battery is in good shape.

And about Keynote Remote.. yeah I bought the app just today but it wouldn't connect! It keeps on saying "verifying remote passcode" on keynote and "connecting to Keynote on my MacBook Pro. Still looking..." on my iPhone!

SOOOO Frustrating! :-(

·
CIO of CYA
3,857 Posts
Hi,
*Pair (or un-pair then re-pair) your remote from system preferences.
*Turn your IR port off then on
*replace the Apple Remote's battery

Ask here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts