Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it mean when I see something that says Apple eMac, iMac or whatever with the word French after it? Does it come in French? I am looking at an eMac which is a reasonable price but it says French? Anyone know?

Thanks!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well, I guess you see this on the Compusmart of Future Shop Web site?

If it says "French", it means it is sold with a french keyboard, french manuals and the french version of the apps (like AppleWorks) if they are available (Quicken is only in english, for example). OS X, of course, still can be installed in English.

The french versions of Mac products made by Apple are at the same price than their english counterpart. So, if you have a good price on a "french" eMac, it should be the same on the "english" model, unless there is not any available.

Regards.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I see, there's a 900 $ eMac (1GHz, Combo), french version, on the Future Shop Clearance Outlet...

There's one available...

Want some french classes? :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
The keyboard and restore disks will be French; not sure if these are still bundled with Jaguar on separate disks, but if so, that would be a universal install-you choose the language. 9 and 9 apps(Classic stuff) will be in French. World Book, Faxstf, some other bundled apps are only available in English

You may be able to ask Apple for a set of English disks for this; had a friend who bought a "French" G5 recently (he is French) but was used to working in English-Apple sent him the English set, no problem, but I think the retailer helped with this. His Panther was 3 disk, universal install.
The keyboard won't be a big problem, if you touch-type
but it's easy to find a third-party or older Apple USB keyboard, even one with a power button!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts